MANILA, Philippines – The eyewall of Super Typhoon ‘Karding’ (international name: Noru) is now affecting Polilio Islands, state weather bureau PAGASA announced in its 5:00 pm update on Sunday, September 25, 2022.
At 4:00 pm today, Super Typhoon ‘Karding’ was estimated based on all available data including those from Daet and Baler Doppler Weather Radars over the coastal waters of Burdeos, Polillo Islands, Quezon.
‘Karding’ has maximum sustained winds of 195 km/h near the center, gustiness of up to 240 km/h, and central pressure of 920 hPa. It is moving westward at 20 km/h.
TROPICAL CYCLONE WIND SIGNALS (TCWS) IN EFFECT
TCWS No. 5
- Polillo Islands
- the extreme northern portion of Quezon (the northern and central portions of General Nakar, the northeastern portion of Infanta)
- the extreme southern portion of Aurora (Dingalan)
- the extreme southern portion of Nueva Ecija (General Tinio, City of Gapan, Peñaranda, San Isidro, Cabiao)
- Pampanga (Arayat, Candaba, Santa Ana, San Luis)
- the eastern and central portions of Bulacan (San Rafael, Angat, Norzagaray, Doña Remedios Trinidad, San Ildefonso, San Miguel)
- the extreme northern portion of Rizal (Rodriguez)
- the eastern portion of Pampanga (Candaba, Arayat)
TCWS No. 4
- Calaguas Islands
- the central and southern portion of Nueva Ecija (Cuyapo, Nampicuan, Guimba, Licab, Zaragoza, San Antonio, San Leonardo, Jaen, Santa Rosa, Palayan City, Gabaldon, Laur, Cabanatuan City, Aliaga, Quezon, Santo Domingo, Talavera, Llanera, General Mamerto Natividad, Rizal, Bongabon, Talugtug, Science City of Muñoz)
- the northern portion of Metro Manila (Marikina, Caloocan, Malabon, Navotas, Valenzuela, and Quezon City)
- the rest of Pampanga
- the rest of Bulacan
- the northern portion of Bataan (Dinalupihan, Hermosa, Morong, Orani, Samal, Abucay)
- the southern portion of Pangasinan (Bautista, Alcala, Bayambang, Mangatarem, Urbiztondo, Aguilar, Bugallon, Infanta, Dasol, Burgos, Mabini, Labrador)
- the extreme northern portion of Laguna (Famy, Siniloan, Santa Maria, Pangil)
TCWS No. 3
- the central portion of Aurora (Dipaculao)
- the southeastern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Sur, Dupax del Norte)
- the rest of Nueva Ecija
- the rest of Bataan
- the rest of Pangasinan
- the rest of Metro Manila
- the rest of Rizal
- the northern and central portions of Laguna (Mabitac, Pakil, Paete, Kalayaan, Lumban, Cavinti, Pagsanjan, Luisiana, Majayjay, Magdalena, Santa Cruz, Pila, Liliw, Nagcarlan, Victoria, Rizal, City of San Pedro, City of Biñan, City of Santa Rosa, Cabuyao City, City of Calamba, Los Baños, Bay, Calauan)
- the northern and central portions of Cavite (Tanza, Rosario, Noveleta, Kawit, Imus City, Bacoor City, City of Dasmariñas, Carmona, Gen. Mariano Alvarez, Silang, Amadeo, City of General Trias, Trece Martires City, Naic, Indang)
- the rest of the northern portion of Quezon (Infanta, Real, General Nakar, Mauban)
- the northern portion of Camarines Norte (Vinzons, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga)
TCWS No. 2
- the southern portion of Isabela (Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones)
- the rest of Nueva Vizcaya
- La Union
- the rest of Aurora
- the rest of Cavite
- the rest of Laguna
- the central portions of Quezon (Calauag, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Lopez, Pitogo, Dolores, Candelaria, Sariaya, Tiaong, San Antonio, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista)
- the rest of Camarines Norte
- the northern portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Pamplona, Pasacao, San Fernando, Pili, Minalabac, Ocampo, Tigaon, Cabusao, Magarao, Gainza, Canaman, Camaligan, Milaor, Naga City, Bombon, Calabanga, Tinambac, Siruma, Goa, Lagonoy, San Jose, Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagñay)
TCWS No. 1
- the southern portion of Cagayan (Tuao, Solana, Enrile, Tuguegarao City, Iguig, Peñablanca)
- the rest of Isabela
- the southern portion of Apayao (Conner)
- Mountain Province
- the southern portion of Ilocos Norte (Nueva Era, Badoc, Pinili, Banna, City of Batac, Currimao, Paoay, Marcos)
- Ilocos Sur
- the rest of Quezon
- the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Paluan, Mamburao, Santa Cruz) including Lubang Islands
- the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, City of Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan), Marinduque
- the rest of Camarines Sur
- Burias Island
- Ticao Island
Super Typhoon ‘Karding’ is forecast to track generally westward in the next 6 to 12 hours, then west northwestward for the remainder of the day.
On the forecast track, ‘Karding’ will likely make landfall in the vicinity of the northern portion of Quezon tonight.
The possibility of an earlier (afternoon) landfall or close approach in the vicinity of Polillo Islands is not ruled out.
For the remainder of this evening post-landfall through tomorrow early morning, it will traverse the landmass of Central Luzon and emerge over the West Philippine Sea via the coastal waters of Zambales or Pangasinan.
The typhoon will then continue tracking generally westward over the West Philippine Sea for the remainder of the forecast period.
‘Karding’ is forecast maintain its strength prior to its landfall.
Frictional effects during landfall and traverse of the Luzon landmass will weaken KARDING throughout the evening through tomorrow early morning, although it is highly likely that this tropical cyclone will remain a typhoon while crossing the landmass.
— The Summit Express